Elevated Work Platform HIANZ Silver Card Course
Designed for your needs!
Why EWP Training is so essential:
- If you’re an employer it’s your duty to ensure that your EWP Operators are adequately trained.
- Giving your team professional elevated platform training is part of taking all practicable steps to ensure employees safety whilst working at heights.
- Training increases confidence and gives awareness of possible hazards that would likely be missed prior to the training.
- Most large companies are insisting on contractors having a recognised qualification.
This is a one day course involving a combination of theory and practical application, providing the essential safety and compliance information that underpins the safe use of Elevated Work Platforms.
The Health & Safety at Work Act (HSWA) states that one aspect of ensuring that employees can carry out work safely is making sure that employees have adequate knowledge, experience and training. This course ensures your company is legislatively compliant, and your staff will have been made aware of the relevant Best Practices and guidelines related to EWP machinery operations.
Who Should Attend:
This training course is designed for people who wish to, or are required to develop the skills and knowledge s needed to operate an elevated work platform effectively and an understanding of workplace and operational hazards of their use. This is a one day course that involves a combination of theory and practical application. Participants may complete singular or multiple EWP types, according to the type of work they undertake.
Attendees will gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in:
- Health and Safety Legislative Requirements
- Types of Elevated Work Platforms (EWP’s)
- EWP Compliance Requirements
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and controls
- Fall arrest harness inspection, fitting and use
- Conduct pre and post operational checks
- Safe Operation of EWP
- Emergency procedures, Rescue Plans
- Theory & Practical assessments, observation and demonstration.
Learners are enrolled with Skills and assessed by a Skills registered assessor. On successful completion of the course, results are reported by Skills to NZQA and recorded on learner's NZROA (New Zealand Record of Achievement). You will receive an EWP Operator ID card and certificate as proof of your training and competency. Note, processing of certificates and cards can take up to 30 days.
Upon successful completion of the course, the applicable assessed unit standards will be reported to The Skills Organisation who will register these on your NZQA Record of Achievement. You will then receive an EWP Operator ID Card as Proof of training and competency.
A “temporary” Silver Card can be supplied on the day of the course and this can be used when operating machinery until you receive the plastic Silver Card.
Make a Booking/Inquiries:
If you can’t find a desired date for this course or have any questions regarding the course, please contact our team on 0508 546 411 or feel free to make an online inquiry.
We're prepared to go where you are!
Bringing our training experts to your premises can be a real time and money saver if you have a larger number of staff to qualify. If you would like to know more about how this would work for your organisation send us an enquiry or call the office on 0508 546411 to speak with one of the team about your requirements.
Upon completion of your EWP Silvercard course, you will recieve NZQA Unit Standards in the following:
Optional unit standards can be completed as well as the set units above at additional cost or can replace unit 23960 and/or 23962. Unit 23966 is the Legislative unit and is a prerequisite.
This is a one day course commencing at 8am. It consists of 8 hours training composed of theory and practical.
Subscribe to keep up to date with upcoming course dates, sent direct to your inbox!
If you have a question, please send us a message.