Elevated Work Platform HIANZ Silver Card Training
Why EWP Training is so essential:
- If you’re an employer it’s your duty to ensure that your EWP Operators are adequately trained.
- Giving your team professional elevated platform training is part of taking all practicable steps to ensure employees safety whilst working at heights.
- Training increases confidence and gives awareness of possible hazards that would likely be missed prior to the training.
- Most large companies are insisting on contractors having a recognised qualification.
This is a one day course involving a combination of theory and practical applica-tion, providing the skills and knowledge of workplace and operational hazards involved with EWP use.
The Health & Safety in Employment Act 1992 states that one aspect of ensuring that employees can carry out work safely is making sure that employees have adequate knowledge, experience and training. This course ensures your com-pany is legislatively compliant, and your staff will have been made aware of the relevant Best Practices and guidelines related to EWP machinery operations.
Who Should Attend:
This training course is designed for people who wish to, or are required to develop the skills and knowledge s needed to operate an elevated work platform effectively and an understanding of workplace and operational hazards of their use. This is a one day course that involves a combination of theory and practical application.
1. Types of EWP's, and legislative requirements for their use
Types of EWP's, their suitability for purpose, and safety features.
Legislative requirements in relation to Code of Practice and the use of EWP's
2. Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a scissor lift EWP
Assessing worksite and prepare to use a scissor lift
Carrying out operations in a workplace environment, reporting faults and damage, and shut down the scissor lift
3. Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a self-propelled boom lift EWP
Assessing the worksite and prepare to use a self-propelled boom lift EWP
Carrying out operations in a workplace environment, reporting faults, and shut down the self-propelled boom lift EWP
On successful completion of a training course your record of achievement will be updated to include the NZQA Unit Standards attained through the course. You will receive an EWP Operator ID card and certificate as proof of your training and competency. Note, processing of certificates and cards can take up to 30 days.
Make a Booking/Inquiries:
If you can’t find a desired date for this course or have any questions regarding the course, please contact our team on 0508 546 411 or feel free to make an inquiry.
Unit Standards Covered:
Optional unit standards can be completed as well as the set units above at additional cost or can replace unit 23960 and/or 23962. Unit 23966 is the Legislative unit and is a prerequisite.
All Unit Standards are registered with NZQA
This is a one day course commencing at 8am. It consists of 8 hours training composed of theory and practical.
Subscribe to keep up to date with upcoming course dates, sent direct to your inbox!
If you have a question, send us a message!